December 6, 2011

Christmas Balance with Anna del C. Dye


Balancing life during the holidays can really be a challenge. I am so impressed with Anna del C. Dye and her management skills. Whew! Anna is an author of fantasy and children's literature. We met on a loop for authors and friends of our faith. She is so clever when it comes to preparing for Christmas. Here's what Anna shared with me this week. I hope it helps you get through, too!

I am very busy person, any time of the year, so I have learned many things that have helped me keep somewhat on top of things—if that is possible. Let’s take Christmas. I found out early in my married life that I couldn’t afford all the gifts I wanted to give during the year and even less so in December. So I started what has become my best idea ever for my personal tradition. I start Christmas the second of January. You heard me right.

Do you know about all the liquidation sales that happen in January and February? I go and grab things a whole size bigger than what my kids or grandkids wear and put them away in a box all year long. Christmas stuff is half price after Christmas, so I get what I want of it, too, and....yes, I save it for next Christmas.

Does it work? Yes! It does work. I have boxes with names for each member of my family and some close friends that grow right before my eyes all year long. Take yesterday for example. I finished my last present and organized the last booty. They are all ready for the grand day. Now I can relax and have the time I need at this hectic time of year. This year it feels extra good because I am busy with costumes for a movie that isn’t finished, in addition to my writing.

I also spent a week in November tending four of my grandsons so their brother could make it into this happy life. Then, as if I wasn’t busy enough, the doctor decided he wanted to do disk surgery which should have me off my feet for a while. All this could have combined for a very frustrating time of year, but I am ready for the holidays, fresh as a homemade caramel and just as sweet.

I am ready for whatever comes next and will still have a most cherished Christmas with those who are the most important in my life. And, to add to my hubby’s contentment, you will find me in January back to saving for next Christmas. This, of course, will be mixed with book contests, chapter meetings, and more new babies. Come next Christmas I will be ready again. And I hope you are, too.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Anna del C. Dye


 Anna del C. Dye is an award winning author and the writer of four fantasy Elf books and also the children’s e-book tale, Emerine’s Nightmare. You can find her books at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and http://www.annadelc.com where you can join her in her Reading Room, presenting free readings of Christmas Classics for children all ages.

2 comments:

SherryGLoag said...

:-) love your philosophy. have a great Christmas.

http://www.sherrygloag.com

Anna del C. Dye said...

You too, Sherry. Danielle this is a wonderful article. You did a great job with it. I am thankful that you chose me to visit your site and friends this week. Happy reading to you all!
Anna del C.
Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
http://www.annadelc.com