December 6, 2017

Cali Cabbage Soup for Writers

Happy December. I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season and staying warm if you're in the wintry weather zone. Down here in Atlanta, the weather is chilly to warm, almost too warm for me. I must admit, I do miss the snows of Idaho. (I lived there two years.) Just a little snow down here in the South now and then would be nice. Stay safe out there!
  

Cali Cabbage Soup



If you sit at a desk all day, you know how important--and difficult--it is to get exercise. Over time,  calories seem to go in but not come out. Instead, they settle in the worse places on your silhouette.

Being a habitual snacker seems to be a problem almost all writers face. Whether it's because of the long hours in front of a screen or the fact that a little sugar or salt mysteriously helps the creative process, finding the right balance between work, diet, and exercise can be a challenge.

This week I thought I'd share a new but old recipe I pulled out of a tattered cookbook from my collection a couple weeks ago. It's a warm, healthy soup that's just perfect for the winter season. It's also good for you, low in calories, and will help your over-sugared tummy out in the long run.

Cali Cabbage Soup

Try it, love it, and send me some feedback. I hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy--and the calories burn, burn, burn

 

Cali Cabbage Crockpot Soup

1lb. of lean, ground beef; browned and drained
1/4 head of cabbage; chopped
2 carrots; chopped
2 celery stalks; chopped
1 1/2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 onion; chopped
1/2 green pepper
1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes
4 cups of vegetable broth
3 teaspoons of parsley
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric 
*Mrs. Dash seasoning for serving

Add all ingredients to your favorite crockpot. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash generously over each serving bowl. Stir and devour. 

It's not just comfort food. This soup is great for gut problems, the Paleo and Candida diets, and the yucky, old flu. Enjoy!

Stay balanced,
Danielle Thorne
Author of Classic Romance and Adventure
Find out more at www. daniellethorne.com

No comments: