May 3, 2011

Favorites

Spring reminds me of the "raindrops on roses" song and how much I enjoy keeping a few of my favorite things around. I love hearing about other people's finds so I thought it'd be a good idea to add a Favorites blog to The Balanced Writer.

With the weather warming up, it gets tempting to cut my hair, but I promised myself I'd grow it out long for my fortieth birthday. Well, forty came and went, and I'm still working on getting my hair down to my backside. Once I get there, I'm going to go back to my short, easy, carefree styles. Until then, one product I found that has helped me keep my hair healthy and protected the ends (I color, too!) is the delicious smelling Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum by Organix.

When I started using this product I had some serious split ends developing and didn't want to cut. The coconut saved me. I rub this oil into my ends every morning when I get out of the shower. I know it works, because if I miss a few days I start to see damage. Turning right back to the product soothes all the frizz and breakage.

Originally I bought a sister product, an Organix coconut split ends mender and had the same great results. Either works wonders. I highly recommend this product if your ends look fried, or you're trying to grow your hair out. A little goes a long way, and it's not expensive (at around six dollars) for the results.

Do you have a favorite hair product that you buy over and over? Feel free to share some of your favorite things for keeping your hair healthy. I'm always looking for the next miracle for my thin tresses!

~Danielle Thorne

No comments: