September 26, 2013

Corn Dog Magic and October Preview

*Corn Dog Magic
*October Preview

Corn Dog Magic
Oh, yes, it's that time of year again when salads and smoothies give way to soups and stews. I love trying new soup recipes, but it's a little early yet. This week I'm sharing my Corn Dog Casserole recipe that my family has loved for years. Sadly, I've had it so long I don't remember where I first saw it, but it's a tried and true fun dish that tastes just like yummy corn dogs.

Try this one out on a free weekend or take it to a potluck to impress the crowd!


Corn Dog Casserole

1 tablespoon of butter
1/4 cup of chopped celery
1 package of hot dogs split in halves and cut into quarters
1 (8 1/2 ounce) package of cornbread mix
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoon of sage
1/8 teaspoon of pepper 
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese 

Saute celery in butter. Stir in hot dogs and cook until lightly browned. In a mixing bowl, stir cornbread mix, egg, milk, spices and 1/2 of the shredded cheese until combined. Fold in the hotdogs and celery. Pour in a greased 9X13 pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with mustard and baked beans.

October Preview

October at The Balanced Writer features some fun giveaways. First, I've registered to host a blog hop the first half of the month, but I'm waiting to see if it's set in stone. This hop will feature books by LDS authors (Think, Stephanie Meyers) who write in a variety of genres. These books are clean reads and great adventures. October is also Ovarian Cancer Awareness month, so check out the important reminder of this vicious cancer in memory of my family friend, Tara Driskell.

 The Big One

Join me for my annual Spooktacular Giveaway Hop from the 15th-31st featuring book giveaways and a fun cash prize. Also included is a list to hundreds of other blog hops where you can win more prizes with no strings attached. See you then!



Stay Balanced!
Danielle Thorne


No comments: