June 15, 2022

June Bugs and June Books

 "For women to advance, we must be bold."

―Nancy Bilyeau
The Fugitive Colours (Genevieve Planché #2)
 
Hey Ya'll!
Happy summertime. We’ve hit the 90s here in central Georgia and combined with the high humidity that makes it h-o-t on our side of the Chattahoochee. I still enjoy sitting outside with a fan in the evenings, but last night I took a June bug hit to the mouth so that's tarnished any enthusiasm for porch sittin’ at sunset.

The past few weeks, Rob and I have stayed busy at the airport or office when not sweating in the yard and cleaning house. In-between there were baseball games, Netflix, and the Renaissance Festival. Also, I attended the Southern Lit Fest in Newnan, Georgia, where I was able to participate in a roast and toast as well as meet southern author, Karen White, and see blogger, Sean Dietrich. It was fun, except for that public speaking part...but if we met, thanks for coming. It was nice to see you there.
From the Writing Desk
The May release of A Promise For His Daughter was amazing. I appreciate all of your support, whether you read early beta copies, participated on my review team, or purchased the book and left a review. I really enjoyed creating Kudzu Creek, and I hope you get to visit there with me again soon to explore Donovan’s story. Regarding my next Love Inspired project, I’m halfway through a rough draft but close to scrapping it and starting over. Something about it just doesn’t feel “right” and I’m trying to get better at listening to my inner senior editor.

In other news, I'm pleased to share that I’ve finished the first draft of my women’s fiction project and chosen a working title for it: The Doghobble Women’s Walking Guild. I'm currently working on the second draft, which can be a drag because it swings from feeling you have something great to worrying it’s the worst thing you’ve ever written. Just part of the process!
 
 Check out these new releases or books on sale!

Until Next Month...

If you’re reading this, you’ve reached the bottom of my newsletter, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for staying with it and with me. I hope you have an awesome few weeks and the chance to get outdoors with friends and family, and of course, read a good book!

Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

1 comment:

Body Pillow said...

Very nice blog theme including designe. Thanks for sharing this informative post here.