April 18, 2009

Recipe of the Month to Celebrate My News:

My Caribbean historical, THE PRIVATEER, has been released with Awe-Struck Publishing. Find out more at my Author site: www.daniellethorne.jimdo.com

This month’s recipe has NO boiled eggs! So take a break from those old Easter eggs and try this nice rice variation that is really popular with my picky eaters!

Caribbean Rice

2 teaspoons oil
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup onion, minced
2 cups rice
4 cups chicken broth

Heat oil in a large saucepan, add coconut, and stir until browned. Add onion and rice and mix well. Add broth and bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes until tender and liquids evaporate.

Serve with blackened chicken breast strips or broiled skinless, boneless chicken breast with Jamaican rub.

1 comment:

Farrah from The Book Faery Reviews said...

I've never combined coconut and chicken flavors together and I know it's not uncommon, I'll have to try that recipe out sometime though.