August 24, 2009
Kreativ Blogger Award
I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled Friday blog posts with happy news--I've received the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you to Joyce DiPastena for thinking of me and The Balanced Writer.
Because I've won, I get to post seven things you probably don't know about me and nominate seven new blogs of my choice. This should be fun!
7 Things You Never Knew (About Me):
1. I survived a tornado in downtown Nashville when I was three years old. I still remember the sounds and sights of everything crashing around us as it roared by.
2. Most people don't know I was actually a freshman cheerleader in high school, but I quit half way through. In a nutshell, I discovered it wasn't for me. (I joined the school newspaper instead!)
3. The second story I ever wrote was juvenile fiction and it was held by a publisher for one year. DANNY BOY has yet to be published but I haven't given up on my Appalachian adventure set in the 1950's.
4. I am such a creature of habit that I must check my email as soon as I wake up in the morning...before I eat, dress, or anything else. A break in my routine leaves me stressed out and disengaged in whatever else I'm supposed to be doing.
5. I love the sea, but I hate seafood. Sorry, but I can't stand it. It doesn't matter if it came from a shell or it had scales, if it lived in salt water, I can't stand the taste. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl.
6. Do you remember the Yellowstone National Park fires of 1988? I was there watching the sky turn black. A year later I spent almost every free weekend exploring the charred land. Yellowstone is one of my favorite places in the world.
7. I got my scuba certification about five years ago. My first saltwater dive was 90 feet down in the Gulf of Mexico. I'd never seen barracuda before and they were swarming all around us. I learned that I don't panic even when I'm scared, and that I can do anything I set my mind to. It was a life lesson worth living.
Okay, now for my nominations. I love following a good blog and getting lots of unique information. I also enjoy visiting blogs by fellow authors and finding out more about them as they share their thoughts. My nominations go to:
1. The Sweetest Romance Authors Blog
2. Prairie Chicks Write Romance
3. The Classic Romance Revival Blog
4. Lindsay's Romantics
5. Monya Mary Clayton
6. Barbara Huffert's Blog
7. Suspense by Anne
Now, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thanks, Joyce!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the logo to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.