October 3, 2014

My iPhone 6 Review and .99 Best Seller!

~A Gulf Coast Hint of Halloween~
©Thomas Santos 2014


This Week:
*iPhone 6 Review
*A .99 Bestseller (Thanks to you!)

This past week has been full of some wonderful surprises. Read on for my review of the new iPhone 6, and find out about my .99 bestseller Proper Attire that broke the Amazon top 100 last weekend in Historical and Caribbean fiction. Happy October!

iPhone 6 Review
Because I married a technology genius, because my phone plan offers a trade-in option for upgrades,
Mr. T brought home an iPhone 6 for me last week. To be honest, I could care less if I still had a flip phone, but in this family you roll with the new technology.

Pros
My "meh" attitude quickly changed, and you'd be surprised to hear why. Initially, I wasn't excited about a "bigger" phone. Who is? I already have a Kindle for reading ebooks and playing games. The catch is, I have to keep the text humongous on my old phone because I'm over 40 and going blind. Well, no longer do I strain the old eyeballs. The best part about the iPhone 6 is the new size feels perfect in my hand. It has a 4.7-inch screen. Not too big, not too small, just right. I don't fumble around anymore, it's easy to feel in a shoulder bag, and yet it still fits into my back pocket. Size is everything!


Also on the new iPhone 6 is a health app that counts your steps for the day (or as long as you carry your phone). I generally use a Shine fitness bracelet for that kind of thing, but it's still a nice feature and very convenient for when the fitness bracelet isn't on. Of course I'm biased, because I estimated a recent run to be 5.6 miles and iPhone said it was over 6. Yeah, I'll take it. The app also features options for nutrition, sleep, and vitals. This is a great thing if you don't own a fitness bracelet.

Another neat app that comes with this edition is Keynote, a useful source for making up presentations. I haven't used it yet, and I'm pretty sure preparing presentations on a phone isn't the best choice, but it's nice to know it's there along with the new note taking feature, Pages.

Last, the battery does last much longer as promised, and the camera is pretty nice with new editorial options. Win-win. 

Cons
Two weeks in, I really don't have much to complain about with this new edition of iPhone. Some people may not like the larger size, but that would be people with 20/20 vision and tiny hands. The only grievance I can come up with is the Otterbox brand's iPhone 6 case. It doesn't fit quite perfectly for the headphone jack to slide in, and the buttons on the sides for volume and shutdown are hard to push. So, overall, while I don't think it's worth getting into debt to acquire, if you're looking for a new phone or have an exchange option in your current contract, it's a fun upgrade. I'm loving mine.

 A .99 Bestseller (Thanks to you!)
This past weekend saw the new release of my sweet romance adventure, Proper Attire. Available for only .99 and with the help of all my supportive readers, Proper Attire broke the top 100 this week in two categories: Historical and Caribbean fiction. Thank you so much for those of you who grabbed a copy and made my year!

Being back in school means less time to write, but this quirky and clean novella riddled with pirates and cannibals and dashing sea officers was super fun to put together. If you haven't enjoyed Proper Attire yet, check out the particulars below. If you did enjoy this book, please like the Amazon page and leave a review. It makes all the difference. Thank you for your support!

Pressured to marry for money, Julia Scott flees England and a cruel stepmother to determine if the West Indies is the paradise of her dreams. Attacked by pirates and desired by island natives, the only person she can trust is John Smith -- if that's her rescuer's true name. Reaching her uncle's station in English Harbor, Julia must find a way to face her feelings and deal with her traitorous family, a dashing new suitor, and the guardian angel, John Smith, who has no qualms sporting counterfeit names and less than what is proper attire.








 Stay balanced!
~Danielle Thorne



No comments: