February 13, 2015

Celebrating Love: Take the Valentine Challenge

"I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve."
--Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice 

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my lovely U.S. followers. Today is a day of chocolates and flowers, candlelight dinners and romantic movies. It's a day to celebrate love -- but it isn't for everybody. This holiday can be a real downer for people who are living alone or who have lost their loved one. One way we can make the world a little bit of a nicer place is to be mindful of those who don't look forward to Valentine's Day.

This past week I was impressed with our Church youth group who took candy and flowers to the widows and single ladies in our congregation. I saw many thoughts of gratitude posted on Facebook and even some cute pictures, too. Imagine a host of young men showing up at your door on one of your loneliest days. I thought it was very sweet.

My belief is this: Valentine's Day should be about celebrating love for all of the special people in our lives, not only our sweethearts. 

Challenge:
This weekend, I challenge you to drop a candy bar or flower off at the home of someone you know who won't be spending time surrounded by love ones.

I'll post my results from my challenge below. I'd love to hear from you!

Flashback! 
Here's a lovely little 25-year-old photo taken when my sweetheart and I were dating in college:


I don't look very happy, do I? But...

"I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh."
 --Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

In case you were wondering:

10 Things I love About Him
1. He says, "I love you" every day.
2. He compliments me when I least deserve it.
3. He has the courage to say, "I'm sorry."
4. He is always cheerful no matter the weather.
5. He makes me laugh like no one else can.
6. He sews. He irons. He fills my car with gas without being asked.
7. He wears an uncomfortable mouth guard so his snoring doesn't bother me. 
8. He isn't afraid to try anything new.
9. He's money wise and preparing our future.
10. He almost always lets me have my way. (!)

 Happy Valentine's Day to my dear readers and followers; friends and acquaintances; my parents, my brothers, sisters, cousins, husband, and children, too. You are loved and appreciated!

Stay balanced,
Danielle Thorne


Need a Valentine's read to get you in the mood? Check out my clean romance and adventure novels for a weekend calorie-free treat! 

http:www.daniellethorne.com


No comments: