January 15, 2018

Kiss It Goodbye


 I saw an interesting video this New Year's that discussed the story of Lot's wife and the dangers of looking back over your shoulder. Although a fresh and clean 2018 is waiting, this January I've had a hard time not looking back over my shoulder at the last four or five months of 2017. What a bear!

Don't look back. You're not going that way anymore.

Life was floating merrily along last year until I hit September, when rashes, gut issues, and increased food tolerances left me drinking water and eating soup for several months. Ugh! I was swamped with research and writing, and the best book contract I'd ever been offered was canceled around the same time.

I'm not gonna lie. It's been a frustrating ride. Despite attempts to "live healthy" for so many years, I found myself dealing with issues that no exercises, vitamins, herbs, or oils would solve. I had two books waiting for publishers that I didn't have the time or energy to market. Was I ready to ring in a new year? Heck, yeah! #kissitgoodbye

Count Your Blessings!

A few things have changed my attitude over the past week after helping me realize I have so much to be grateful for in 2017. First, I came across that inspiring video on looking forward instead of back, and second, a few special upcoming events in my family have surfaced for 2018 that would not have been possible if it weren't for answer prayers.

I've realized this month, that with all goals I've been grudgingly setting in stone for 2018, I had a great year last year with my family. We took a couple wonderful vacations, saw school grades improve, got jobs, had great book sales, made teams and bands, and most importantly, everyone is safe and healthy. I mean, seriously, so I can't eat pizza or donuts, and I may have to take a couple prescriptions for some years to come. Big deal. Life goes on.

~~~2018~~~

I am so excited to look ahead  and imagine what the year holds for me. (Of course, it'll be a little grandiose because I have a writer's imagination...). I wish you a wonderful year, too. It really is wonderful to have lives structured around weeks, months, and a new year so that we can be reminded that every day is another chance to start over or try something new. If I accomplish anything this month, I hope that it's to expect happiness and success in all that I do, and in the lives of those I love.

Cheers, best wishes and a happy New Year,

Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne










No comments: