September 4, 2019

🍁September Book News & More 🍁: Caramel Apples and Hurricanes

I was interviewed with NFReads.com this month. See it here!

Hey Ya'll!

Are you ready for caramel apple season? Yesterday was Labor Day in the U.S. and that meant a day off from work with picnics, festivals, or an afternoon at the lake for the lucky ones. Mr. T. and I walked around a local event in Newnan, Georgia, and admired artisans and homemade goodies then we watched a line dance company perform. It was fun. I bought a caramel apple which made it a perfect day. Next to key lime pie, they're probably my favorite dessert. Yum!

I know many people up and down the east coast are preparing for Hurricane Dorian, and my heart goes out to you. Our church is already preparing schedules for cleanup and aid. It's hard to believe disaster relief has become an annual norm for our societies around the world, but service is a good thing. I have a strong belief that we're here to help other people in any way we can and that it's a true source of joy. God bless the folks in the Bahamas. Whew!

Fun Fact: Dan Walker invented caramel apples in the 1950s. He worked for Kraft Foods.

From the Writing Desk

This month is busy and exciting with new writing projects and releases. Sweetwater Creek is a historic Civil War site with an abandoned mill that just whispers stories, and it's not far from where I live. I've been invited to join a 2020 Civil War romance series, and the old mill ruins have inspired me to write about its fateful day when General Sherman came to town.

I'm also finishing edits on the audiobook for A Pirate at Pembroke. The narrator for this book is amazing, and I'm so excited to release it in a few weeks. Stay tuned for a giveaway for that project.

Available now, the Blessings of Love romance series is up for pre-order. I'm honored to be book one in the series. Here's a quick preview:


Darcy Malone is not the person she was in high school. She's earned an art degree and is determined to make a respectable name for herself teaching at the elementary school. When she runs headlong into a visiting stranger, she's fascinated by his confident, upbeat smile and love of art and history, but the thought of him learning her past makes it easy to keep him at arms-length.

In addition to all this, I start edits on my Christmas novella soon. It's super cute. Writing it really prepped me for fall. I love the little Christmas town of Thorpes. I may use it again!

Fun Fact: A Pirate at Pembroke is my best selling romance and runs 433 pages, far longer than my other short novels and books. That's 11.2 hours for the audio version.

New or On Sale!

Ta-Ta for Now

Thanks for reading my newsletter. I know you have tons of choices when it comes to books to read and authors to follow. Thank you for your purchases, downloads, and reviews. I hope if you're on Facebook that you follow me so we can keep in touch. It means the world to hear from people who enjoy hanging out online or just like reading my stories.

Have a great September, and don't miss the freebie alert news on the 18th of the month. There'll be a .99 sale alert this weekend, too.


See you next month!

Danielle Thorne

No comments: