February 11, 2021

A Free Romance Book for Valentine's Day

"You have to love someone to yell at them so intensely; you have to care so unbelievably much that your anger explodes and burns across the sky like Soviet's Sputnik I've read so much about."

 
  - Jillian Cantor;
Margot: A Novel

Hey Ya'll!
Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. Love yourself and the ones you're with! It's Hallmark's favorite holiday of the year (I suspect), but Rob and I tend to swing back and forth between ignoring it or going all out with overnight getaways. I'm lucky to get chocolate and have someone to watch rom-com movies with year around so I try not to obsess over it too much. The best way to celebrate Valentine's I've found is to focus on others and share your heart.
 

February in Atlanta is usually the coldest time of the year, but so far so good in my neck of the woods. It's cold but not freezing, and we have plenty of sunshine. Last weekend I went hiking with friends around Pine Mountain which is close to Warm Springs where President Roosevelt had a vacation home. It's a quiet area with beautiful pines and interesting history. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of hikes in this year.
From the Writing Desk
I've just finished my next Harlequin submission proposal and will be submitting it this week. Fingers crossed! This book is set in the fictional town of Kudzu Creek and features a surprise baby for a historical preservationist who thought he'd put his past behind him. I do have plans to make this a series, but we'll have to see what happens with HQ first; if they're not interested, I'll plan on releasing it this summer through Kindle Direct.

Next on tap? Outlines for a new pirate romance. I'm so excited!

Get More Books
Discover these new releases, *free* romances, or books on sale for .99!

Ta-Ta for Now

Thanks again for reading my newsletter. Have a wonderful month and catch me sometime on Facebook!

Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

No comments: