July 15, 2021

Cats & Snakes (and my new romance book's release date)!

 "Human beings have a remarkable ability to accept the abnormal and make it normal.”

Andy Weir, Project Hail Mary
 
Hey Ya'll!
Happy Independence Day month! Did you have a great Fourth of July? We put in a pet door this summer for the cats so they can be more independent. So far, we've had to rescue butterflies, clean up (large) insect remains, chase out a chipmunk, and deal with a foot-long snake. Nickel is the worst culprit for bringing in "presents". If you recall, Copper is the shy four-year-old ginger, and Nickel is an almost-two Tuxedo cat. Nickel thinks he's the mighty hunter although he's so small a bird could carry him off.
 
The catch of the day this afternoon was pieces of praying mantis which was about as gross as it sounds. On the bright side, the pet door allowed us to move the litter boxes into the garage, but I don't know how many more wildlife surprises I can take… especially when I'm lost in writing a story!
From the Writing Desk
A Most Improper Introduction is now in the hands of reviewers being analyzed (*gulp*) and enjoyed (I hope). It will be released in a couple weeks on July 29th, so watch for the announcement email to grab it at .99. If you enjoyed Proper Attire or A Pirate at Pembroke, I think you will love this book.
 

Hey, do you like sneak peeks or receiving books in advance of publication day? Why not join my review team? Some authors call it a Street Team or a Scream Team or whatever. I'm not fancy. I'd just like to grow my list of readers who enjoy my work and would like to receive an early copy. Reviews are not required, but they are encouraged (puh-leez!) and appreciated. If you'd like to join my review team, contact me here.
 
Check out these new releases or books on sale!

Until Next Month...

Thank you for reading my newsletter and for your support. I hope you're having a wonderful summer. I'm looking forward to a visit with two of my boys and our twin grandsons soon. I'm also thinking about running a half-marathon this fall. We'll have to see how it all works out.

Have a wonderful day!


Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

No comments: