May 13, 2021

Horrible Haircuts & May's Book Deal

"If your life is a mess but you’re in the woods, does it matter?"

  -Daisy Prescott;
Happy Trail

Hey Ya'll!
Rob put in a swing for me. Yay! I've wanted one in the woods for forever so I'm thrilled to have a place to read outdoors. Of course, I already have a little patch of poison ivy on my foot, but that's how I roll. It ain't summertime if I'm not itching! Ha!

 
Also this month, I got my hair cut yet again, but almost all of the old processed ends are gone so I can go natural now. I'm not loving it this short, and the hairdresser layered it to death when I wanted all one length, but it's fine. I'm fine. I look like a boy, but it's fine. At least I have all summer to grow it out. If there's no use in crying over spilled milk, there's no use in crying over haircuts. It grows back.
 
 
From the Writing Desk
I feel like an airplane in a holding pattern this month as edits on A Most Improper Introduction continue. (See the book cover here). I've had to refresh my memory with Age of Sail facts, and I'm working hard to improve my romance plotline skills. I hope you'll find that it shows! This book was due to be released in April, but I want it to be as perfect as I can get it, so we're still on track for a late summer release. Until then, would you like to see my inspiration for the hero, Captain Doyle? I don't usually do this, but here's a quick peek.
 
Meanwhile, I'm thinking about how I will start book two in my next contemporary series that Harlequin is holding onto right now. Fingers crossed I will hear something soon! I'm also looking at Amazon's new serial program that releases snippets of romance stories on a weekly or monthly basis. Would that interest you? I'd love to know. Shoot me your thoughts through my contact page.

Check out these new releases or books on sale!
Don't miss this month's .99 deal if you haven't read it!

Ta-Ta for Now

Heya, if you got this far, thank you for reading all of my newsletter. I really appreciate you and your support. Publishing is a hard gig. Sales go up and down. Reviews bounce between hot and cold. And then there's life—our relationships, our homes, our health, our spirituality... If there's anything I've learned, we have to focus on what matters most, and I know that's God and my family. So thank you for reading my newsletter, my books, and following me on social media. It's a tough way to make a living, but it's living that's most important.

Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

No comments: