November 20, 2020

Shepherd's Pie & a Baby Surprise Romance

“Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”
  - Melody Beattie

Hey Ya'll!

We actually have a freeze warning tonight here in central Georgia, but that doesn't mean anything, it'll be in the 70s again soon. Rob and I went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago and did some shopping in the gold mine town of Dahlonega. We also found a new little Irish pub and kid you not, I had the best Shepherd's Pie ever. I'm going to have to tweak my current recipe—less thyme and bake it in a skillet.
I absolutely cannot believe it will be Thanksgiving in just over a week. How the holidays have changed with my youngest leaving home and the boys so far away! Service is something I try to focus on, and this holiday, I'm thinking we could drop off the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner to someone else and just run over to Cracker Barrel. I just don't see the point in trashing my kitchen for two people with completely different tastes. Am I wrong?
 
How about you?  Do you have Thanksgiving plans or something special coming up?
From the Writing Desk
This month I've started my next Harlequin romance that will feature a baby surprise. I've pretty much decided I need to set this one in Georgia, because my last project was "out-of-state", and I just couldn't make it work for HQ. Some people have asked me about a small town series... I'm still thinking about that.
 
In other news, one of my Christmas romances is now in paperback, and the other will be soon. I have a new book cover for another pirate story that will be out next year, and it's lovely. Also, historical romance, Georgia Bride, is back from my best beta reader, and it's getting some retouching. This Civil War-era story set in the backcountry of my home state will go up for pre-order on December 1st.
 
Get More Books
Discover these new releases or books on sale!

Ta-Ta for Now

You made it! Thanks for reading my news and supporting me on my writing journey. Even after 20+ books, I still have so many stories in my head. I appreciate all you do, and since you've read this far, I'm happy to let you know that with the exception of the Gentlemen of the Coast series, all of my indie books will be free on Black Friday. Unfortunately, HQ is not included, but maybe someday.
 
Have a fabulous month of November.


Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

Co

No comments: