October 13, 2021

Costa Rican Adventures & My New Book Project

 "...one should never contradict an act of love.

― Sofía Segovia, The Murmur of Bees

Hey Ya'll!
Happy October! I am just back from a Costa Rica adventure, and what a trip. The country and people were beautiful, and I loved the rather simple food of rice, beans, fruits, and lean proteins.
 
 
We visited Arenal Volcano, the cloud forest of Monteverde (soooo Lord of the Rings), and the beaches of Tamarindo and Jaco. There was a waterfall tour on a day that turned stormy, but we survived and were not swept away into crocodile-infested rivers. Yes, the insects and poisonous plants did bite and sting (OW!), but seeing so many beautiful flowers and animals was worth it. I think my favorite moment was being followed for a while by three toucans while we hiking in the rainforest.
 

Will there be a romance novel out of this adventure? I'm not sure, but I did find myself thinking piratey thoughts at a beach cove in the Manuel Antonio National Park. It was a great experience, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to be inspired.
From the Writing Desk
I am back in the writing cave! Last month I sent in the revised manuscript to Harlequin for my second release (A Promise for His Daughter) due out next spring. I am so in love with the little town called Kudzu Creek that I plan to write another story there and hope for a series. The outline was mostly finished before I left town, but now that I'm settled back in the office it's time to actually get words down, and that's what's up this month.
 
 
Also this month, besides lowering the price on my fall romance, Brushstrokes and Blessings, about an art teacher and a very charming historical author, I've reduced my young adult Death Cheater boxed set down to .99 from $3.99. It is my All Hallows' Eve gift to you! Download both books for a buck here.
 
 
 Check out these new releases (or books on sale) from my supportive author friends who write great books!

Until Next Month...

Thank you for reading all of my newsletters. I appreciate you! Stay safe and healthy this month, and if you celebrate it, have a Happy Halloween!
 

Warmly,
Danielle Thorne

Copyright © 2021 Danielle Thorne, All rights reserved.

No comments: